I'm now posting a hit to this Target I posted on 10/6/02:

Dear LM-Netters:

For one of my MLIS classes, I need to evaluate examples of collaborative
lessons between teachers and LMT's.  If you have collaborated at all with
anyone (good experience or bad) and have any lesson(s) to share, please send
them to me at SraSlim@aol.com

Your input is much appreciated!  Thanks!

I did receive two responses and 3 requests to post a hit, but the most
helpful source of information was from Toni Buzzeo's book, Collaborating to
Meet Standards: Teacher/Librarian Partnerships for 7-12 (Linworth, September
2002).   Much thanks to Judy and Jacquie for their great input - I appreciate
it very much:

(1)
I collaborated last year with a 6th grade teacher who approached me.
She told me that the NY state health standards required her to teach
students how to evaluate information that they found on the web.  We put
together this online unit and found it to be very successful.  The thing
that we have decided to change is to spread out the teaching part of it
over a longer period of time - so the kids did not have to sit still and
listen for such a long time.  Anyway - the details are all available by
clicking "lesson plan" at the top of the page.  The actual page itself
consists fo the activities the students were required to work through.

http://www.gananda.org/library/mshslibrary/evalhlth.htm

Hope it is of help.

Jacquie

(2)
Well, I'm new (my 1st year in a HS) and just starting on the collaboration
trail.  The first class I had come into the library was with a new English
11 teacher.  She was unsure of herself, but knew she wanted to do a project
on the 1920's as an introduction to The Great Gatsby.  I took the
opportunity to gather information on lesson ideas, and good websites for
her.  We talked about possible projects and she decided she wanted to do a
visual presentation with a short paper.  I suggested topics and we made a
combined list for the students to choose from.  I taught a short lesson on
the effective use of search expressions and variations of search terms.  The
students were in the library for 2 days.  I even went to her class to watch
several presentations.  It was primitive collaboration being that we were
both so unsure of ourselves, but overall we thought it was successful.  Now
I have another, more experienced English teacher asking if we could do
something similar for the 1930's as an introduction to Mice & Men.  Good
luck.

Judy
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _

Marie Slim
LMT, La Habra High School
801 W. Highlander Ave.
La Habra, CA 90631
Library hours M - F 7:00 a.m. to 3:30p.m.
phone: 562-266-5083
www.ilovelibraries.com
SraSlim@aol.com

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that."
-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone