Hello school librarians, and our favorite Latin friend Et Al.,

My journey through Librarianship USA has put me into a position where I now
create CDs and DVDs with scanned documents and images from archived
collections and personal collections of significant historical military
events and military units.  I've discovered a new term for this sort of
thing called "multimedia integration technology."  Our local community
college has a program that only comes around once a year... and you know I
would have missed it the last two years running (and may die for lack of
participation) - it's one of those types of programs that one must enter at
the beginning because each course builds on the last...  In any event, I'm
curious if any of you have ever come across such a program online?

Currently, I take the images and pieces of the collection and burn them to
a CD using html (a complete website on a CD) - in that manner, individual
patrons and researchers will be able to view them on either a PC and
MAC...  I'd like to also integrate a catalog of sorts for each individual
image on the CD to help individuals locate images with their relatives;
some video files, and sound... that sort of thing.  The reason I do them in
html is to have them ready if we are ever able to publish them online.

I'll post any leads or information I accumulate ...
mahalo (thanks) . . .

Aloha y'all ... Earl J.
US Army Special Operations Command
History and Archives Office
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
"Just an old Maui boy with a poor sense of direction...
working his way home - one state at a time -
currently working in the State of Confusion!"