---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:40:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Allen Williams <awilliams@betweenthestacks.com>
To: pmilbury@ericir.syr.edu
Subject: New Library Forum Site: Between the Stacks (BTS)

My name is Allen Williams and I recently launched a
new web site for library science professionals.  I
hold an MLIS degree and am currently unemployed.  To
keep busy, I channeled my creative energy into
creating 'Between the Stacks' an online forum for what
I like to call 'the human side of information'.

I am hoping that you might be able to post this
information to the LM-Net listserv.  My site contains
a forum specifically devoted to School K-12
Librarianship.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

'Between the Stacks' (BTS)
http://www.betweenthestacks.com

Between the Stacks is an online community for all
information professionals, from library assistants to
library directors. BTS provides a common area where
ideas and support can be shared via discussion forums.

The forums are different than the familiar listserv
format.  Forum discussion occurs on the web and is not
emailed to you.  The forums allow users to see who is
online, post questions, discuss issues, express ideas,
and share daily triumphs or defeats.  It is casual and
participation can even be anonymous if the user
chooses.

In only a few days, the forums have gained over 70
registered members from around the world. Current
topics being discussed include the FBI in public
libraries, censorhip [UK vs USA] -- while questions on
locating serials back issues and organziation
memberships have also been posted.

I invite you to visit and register to access the
forums today.  I would also welcome you to post an
introduction about yourself, tell us about your day or
ask any questions you may have.

Please feel free to alert your colleagues to this new
and exciting resource.

Thank you,

Allen Williams
www.betweenthestacks.com