I apologize, I missed that it was Grolier Online -- however, if 20
students login to a site then it is still a measure of their service.
Depends I guess on whether or not each student is logging in
individually or if one is logging in and each is moving to the
computer to download his or her personal copy.

And yes the licensing provisions on a commercial site does have
everything to do with the way it is used - for that site.

But lets be careful not to extrapolate information appropriate to a
commercial site for which there is a license for use to a site such
as Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site for which there is a
definite benefit for having "hits" recorded; or the Smithsonian Site
which appreciated the request to use their site offline so that they
could include our numbers in their statistics.  All depends on the
owner of the site.

And BTW Dan -- I was using "a little common sense."  ;>)
Sharron

--

Sharron McElmeel <mailto:mcelmeel@mcelmeel.com>