At 10:05 AM 10/3/2002 -0400, you wrote:
 >Sorry Art but can't track your email address - here is one for your list of
 >corrupted sites.
 >Barbara
 >The tacky site is www.dosity.com and it certainly fails to offer the type
 >of "free interactive lessons and exercises" I was expecting.

You are certainly correct about that.  However, at no charge it will take
over your browser and make the site your home page, and offer you a bunch
of ads and commercial lists, and try to run a java script that my Norton
Antivirus program flagged and stopped.  Blech!!!

Thanks for the update, and just so your know the reporting of porn-napping
cyber squatting is still being maintained at
http://oii.org/html/porn-napping.html

Fortunately, for my sanity and the security of our students the reporting a
squatting activity has slowed to a crawl, though is it still
happening.  The loop-holes that allowed the practice to explode on the
scdene have been plugged by the registrars, in part due to the public
outcry and the help of you folks here on LM_Net.

As an added note of humor that highlights the insanity of turning decisions
over to machines and lists...

I use Eudora for my email.  It has something called a mood watcher that
monitors the content of incoming and outgoing email and flags possibly
offensive mail with chili pepper icons (0-2 chili peppers).  I keep it
turned on just for laughs (which it just provided). When I went to send
this message, I got a two chili pepper warning that "The message regarding
Porn-napping is likely to offend the average reader.  You might want to
consider toning it down."

It's a good thing that LM_Net is populated by above average readers,
otherwise I might have to make a public apology. <grin>

Take care,
Art

  Art Wolinsky
  OII Technology Director      Big6 Associate
  http://oii.org                      http://www.big6.com
  awolinsky@oii.org             Web-and-Flow Team
  (609) 597-9481 ext
337      http://www.web-and-flow.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.
I will surely learn a great deal today.