Hi folks,
I had a dream. It's as fresh as it was several years back! I had started
building up a small library in a rural locality in Kenya. My main goal, as I
was later to realize, is to make the local residents information literate.
Several benefits would then follow. However, following my ambition for further
education in the United States,this important venture went dormant. Recently, a

group of young people from this community expressed a desire to revive the
project. When the project started, we heavily depended on donations from
welwishers. This took the form of free books, audio and a few audio visual
materials.We piled up these and loaned to interested individuals freely so long

as they registered with our home-based library. The need for a bulding
structure became crucial but our finances could not allow us to construct one.

Having been America, I have learned that there are several individuals as well
as institutions with disposable materials which my folks can richly benefit
from. What has been lacking is a bridge linking the two parties. I am kindly
appealing to any person/groups of person with the desire to help promote
literacy in Africa and other parts of the world where the technology is still
very low to kindly get in touch with me. Strange to imagine but the truth is
that, many of the computers written off, typewriter, scanners, text books etc
disdismantled or thrown to waste can really change the life of somebody in
another part of the world.

I am willing to dicuss with any interested party details about this burgeoning
project. Kindly help me to promote literacy globally. Thank you.
Sincerely,
HESBORN WAO.
Ramba Media Center, Rongo, Kenya.
wuonobonyo@yahoo.com