Listserv friends:

Now that most of us are back at school, our listserv will be a very busy
place again. For all of us, (especially you "Newbies" - Welcome Aboard!),
below is a list of our LM_NET standard listserv SUBJECT KEYWORDS. I've also
included the direct website if you wish to bookmark it for future
reference. Please DO use subject keywords when you post! They REALLY DO
assist ALL of us by saving us a lot of time! Thanks!

http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/reminders.htm

SUBJECT KEYWORDS

TARGET:   request for information to be compiled for a HIT

HIT:      the compiled information from the TARGET request

ADMIN:   restricted for official messages from the listowners

GREET:   for requests for greetings

TECH:    for PC & MAC software & hardware discussions

REF:    requests for all types of reference questions

JOBS:    postings of job vacancies

ELEM:    postings for kindergarten to 5th grade topics

MIDDLE:   postings for middle school topics

SEC:    postings for secondary grades (9 to 12)

HUMOR:    it helps to state that the message is humorous :-)

TRAV:    to request travel info (ask for direct reply)

GEN:    anything that doesn't fit the other categories

Examples:
             GEN: Special movie on PBS tonight
             REF,SEC: Info on World War II

            When in doubt about which to choose, pick GEN:

Note that typing the subject heading in capitals enhances the heading.
Some of us also like the subject heading SHARE when we want to share a
different idea to a "Hit" that has already been posted. And please keep in
mind that once posted, your message remains in the archive forever -
including those misspelled or misused words written in haste. . . do
proof-read your message and run a spell-check if you have it! (speaking
from experience, I blushingly & humbly submit this!

Joanne Ladewig, Library Aide (A.K.A. "Library Lady")
Lawrence Elementary, G.G.U.S.D.
Garden Grove, California
shatz1@earthlink.net
---comments are my own and may not reflect those of my employer- - -