Here are the ABC's that I chose for the PowerPoint game I adapted for my
primary grades. Thanks to everyone who contributed, and I am sorry I was =
not
able to send a copy to everyone who requested one.=20

*       A is for authors, and alphabetical order, and for the address of the
book
*       B is for bookmarks, and borrowing, and barcodes
*       C is for computers, and characters, and Clifford the Big Red Dog=20
*       D is for dogs that chew, and date due, and dictionaries
*       E is for encyclopedias, and easy readers, and exciting books
*       F is for five fingers, and fiction, and Franklin
*       G is for giggles, and great stories, and games=20
*       H is hands that are clean, and history, and ask for help when you
need it=20
*       I is for illustrators, and information, and icky-sticky fingers
*       J is for Jack and the Beanstalk, and Junie B. Jones, and joke books
*       K is for knowledge, and kites, and keeping every book in its place
*       L is for library, and listening, and love
*       M is for Mother Goose, and manners, and magical places
*       N is for non-fiction, and nonsense books, and number order
*       O is for overdues (oh, dear!), and order, and Olivia the Pig
*       P is for pages, and "please", and points for politeness
*       Q is for the library quilt, and quietly sitting, and asking
questions
*       R is for returning books on time, and respect, and don't repair the
books=20
*       S is for Dr. Seuss's silly books, and sitting still, and
shelf-markers
*       T is for tall tales, and talking in library voices, and titles
*       U is for unusual unicorn books, and underwater (no!), and use the
library
*       V is for villains, and voices that are quiet, and The Very Hungry
Caterpillar
*       W is for water bottles that leak, and walking quietly, and wishes
come true
*       X is for xylophones (too noisy!), and "X" marks the spot!
*       Y is for YOUR library and no yackety-yakking!
*       Z is for zoo animals, and zero times your book is late, and ziplock
bags

Meg Schimmels, LMS
Fairview Elementary
Olathe, KS