Dear Brenda and everyone who has so generously sent teddies to our appeal

Today, is Teddy Day for me, when I am going to do nothing but open the boxes
of teddies that have arrived already.  Yesterday, as the first official day
of school (as in no compulsory professional development sessions) was
frantic as apart from anything else, I hosted our annual Love your Library
Browse'n'Brunch and the boxes kept arriving and I kept wanting to be among
them.

As I open each parcel, and again I thank everyone most sincerely, I am going
to put a little ribbon and card around the teddy's neck telling its new
owner where it has come from.  I am also going to take photos of them -
probably in groups - and these will be on the website as soon as I can get
them there, with a list of the donors.  For those who have included and
email address, or whose emails I have on my machine, I will contact you too,
to let you know your gifts are here.

This afternoon,after school, I am intending to skip staff meeting (tut tut)
and taking the first of the bears to their new homes in time for the
children starting school tomorrow.  As more teddies come in I will continue
to distribute them, so please don't think it is too late.  I just want to
know if I am allowed to drive with a blindfold and mask so I don't have to
see or smell the devastation.  I won't need earmuffs - there is nothing to
hear - until tomorrow when the laughter of the children in the schools'
playgrounds shatters the silence with one of the best sounds in the world.

I shall let the lists know when I have started making the teddy pages - if
any of you have photos of your teddy leaving your school or the fund-raisers
that some schools have undertaken, please email them to me in jpeg format so
I can include these.

If your students want an original fund-raising idea, and would like to hold
a 'good old Aussie barbie" let me know and I will send you the instructions.
I promise it has nothing to do with prawns or shrimps or whatever Crocodile
Dundee was promoting!

Many thanks again,
Barbara
Barbara Braxton