Happy New Year, Netters:

Many thanks to all who took the time on New Year's Eve to direct me
correctly to great sites and who gave me easy instructions on "how to"
install....for those of you needing the same information, read on. I
used #2 since that one had sites and what sounded like the easiest
instructions. I found a Calligraphy font at Font Magic and installed it
very easily by dragging and dropping it into my Font folder after I had
unzipped it. Hope this helps others....

1.
http://www.momscorner4kids.com/fonts/index.htm
  http://208.233.94.70/fontfairy/webfonts.html

Usually they will come in zipped.  Unzip them and then drag them to the
fonts folder.  That's it.  They will appear in your list of fonts.

2.
Here are some websites that I will be using for a workshop.
Most are for school, but the first one is a general font site.  (See
below for directions
on how to install)

Font Magic
http://www.fontmagic.com/

Teachers Parking Lot - Fonts for Teachers
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/dos/1232/fontindex.html

Windows Fonts for Kids
http://www.billybear4kids.com/fonts/fonts.htm

Fonts for Kids
http://www.momscorner4kids.com/fonts/index.htm

Fonts
http://www.renaesroom.com/Fonts/fonts.html

Free School Fonts
http://desktoppub.about.com/library/fonts/bl_schoolfree.htm?once=true&;

Kids Fonts  (You have to download Aladdin Expander)
http://kidsfonts.mivox.com/

Kids Fonts
http://www.onescrappysite.com/fonts/kids.htm

Installation of fonts:

Most fonts when downloaded are zipped.  Need Winzip to open.  Usually I
download and unzip to my desktop.
When font is on desktop, click on my computer, click on c drive, click
on windows folder,  click on font folder.  When font folder is open,
just drag the font into the folder, and it will install itself.  This
was the easiest way I found to do it.

3.
Any font site that you find via Google that has free fonts are
reputable. Just be aware that fonts are copyrighted, so follow any
restrictions that are put on the fonts from the site you get them.

To install fonts correctly, go to CONTROL PANEL, FONTS, choose FILE,
INSTALL NEW FONTS, and make sure the box that says COPY FONTS TO FONT
FOLDER is checked. You have to navigate to the place on your computer
where you downloaded them, and add them to the list, then install. (I
don't have Windows98 anymore, so some of the menu items might read a bit
differently.)

--
Jody Newman