<tt>
Hi Folks<BR>
There continues to be a remarkable response to my appeal for teddies for the<BR>
children affected by the bushfires and I thank everyone for their<BR>
commitment.<BR>
<BR>
I have now spoken to the manager of David Jones' online store and the plan<BR>
they have been able to work out is this ...<BR>
<BR>
1. Order the teddy of your choice from their online store at<BR>
to go through Childrens &gt; Toys &gt;<BR>
Soft Toys and look at all four pages.<BR>
2. Go through the checkout in the regular way - this will automatically<BR>
include a delivery charge.<BR>
3. However, for all orders sent to the PDPS address (below) between January<BR>
30 and February 4, they will manually refund the delivery charge.<BR>
4. All the teddies ordered will then be shipped to PDPS on February 5.<BR>
<BR>
I know this may not suit some of you who cannot order by February 4 but to<BR>
have made the 'window' any longer would have made the logistics of doing<BR>
this impossible.&nbsp; The manager is also going to try to run some reports from<BR>
the last few days to see if he can capture orders already placed and also<BR>
refund that delivery charge - however, it will depend on whether the teddy<BR>
has already been despatched.&nbsp; If it has, then the delivery fee has to apply<BR>
because it will have already gone through the store's accounts from the<BR>
deliverer.&nbsp; (I hope you can follow that!)<BR>
<BR>
In the meantime, Canberra itself is in the grip of 100+ temperatures today<BR>
with very strong winds, and while the immediate danger for us seems to have<BR>
been contained, there are many communities in surrounding&nbsp; NSW and NE<BR>
Victoria who are in dire risk.&nbsp; If there are any birds left in those areas,<BR>
they will not be singing today.<BR>
<BR>
Barbara<BR>
<BR>
PS&nbsp; Given the fantastic response I have had to this appeal, it is likely<BR>
that we will be able to give a teddy to every child who needs one.<BR>
Therefore, if there are some 'left over' I hope that it will be okay for me<BR>
to send these to the schools in the alpine areas whose children have also<BR>
suffered so greatly.&nbsp; Many have spent much of their school holidays on high<BR>
alert or in evacuation centres or have been one of the dozens who have lost<BR>
their homes in these small townships that do not receive the same publicity<BR>
as the national capital.<BR>
<BR>
Barbara Braxton<BR>
Teacher-Librarian<BR>
Palmerston District Primary School<BR>
PALMERSTON ACT 2913<BR>
AUSTRALIA<BR>
<BR>
T. 61 2 6205 6162<BR>
F. 61 2 6205 7242<BR>
W. <a href="http://www.palmdps.act.edu.au">http://www.palmdps.act.edu.au</a><BR>
E. barbara@austarmetro.com.au<BR>
<BR>
</tt>

<tt>
Post message:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sln@yahoogroups.com<BR>
Subscribe: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sln-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<BR>
To read the archive go to <a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sln/messages">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sln/messages</a><BR>
</tt>

<tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>