Carol Schmidt
Foundation Schools
Rockville, MD
schmidtc@vnet.net

I am looking into library security systems.  If  you have a system in place,
would you please give me some feedback on the following questions?

1) the name of the system and cost for installation and the products needed
to  start checking materials in and out of your library.  This installation
will be for a new library.

2) on going cost of supplies to provide security for a variety of materials.

3) The literature that I have read suggests that each vendor has a variety
of systems from which to choose.  I have information from Check Point and
Knogo, North America.

4) do you need more than one piece of equipment for checking in/out a
variety of materials; i.e. books, cassettes, computer software, computer
hardware, AV equipment?

5)How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the system?  What kind of sound
emanates from the system during checkin/out or when something passes through
the system without being demagnetized?

6) If you need technical help, or any other kind of help with the system, is
it easily available and it is user friendly?

Any other information you can pass on to me will be most welcomed.  Thanks!
I have received such good feedback on other questions I have posed to this
group that I know any information coming from you concerning this request
will be helpful as well.

Carol Schmidt