I will happily keep sharing as long as the wonderful messages come in
about heartwarming books. Here are several that came in yesteday,
including a correction to the title of the Christmas book by John
Grisham--I simply miskeyed, after reading this delightful book very
recently.

Also, I wanted to respond to my own target with a book I really like
that was not mentioned: I Remember My Teacher: 365 Reminisces of the
Teachers Who Changed Our Lives, by David Shribman, ISBN 0730722034. This
would be a great gift for any teacher, and certainly for one that you
remember fondly. The author compliled comments from both famous and
"ordinary" people with a resulting collection of wonderful stories.

Thanks again for all the great titles and descriptions!--Mary Ann

One correction...I think it is Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.
Great story.
*************
Jimmy Carter has written several books that I find touching. The latest
read was An Hour Before Sunrise. There was another about Christmas in
Plains
but the title escapes me. Good books by a great man. Neither gets in the

political arena, so they can be read and enjoyed by folks with different

politics.
I believe there is a fair controversy about the education of little
tree. It
stands on its own merits as a work of fiction, but seems to many readers
be non-fiction. I am always alert to present it as fiction.
You might do some research on the Education of Little Tree before you
consider it.  It was in the news a few years ago when it was discovered
that
the author made it up and was a member of the KKK besides!