Hi, All,

I have been checking this out and will probably be posting some definitive
information this week.  Prices to Alaska are higher for a number of
reasons, not the least of which the season is so short so it is almost peak
the whole cruising time.  There are lots of ways to keep the price down,
including sharing three to a cabin and on the newer ships this is
reasonable and comfortable, booking a cabin without window (as there are
lots of other places to look out on the ship),  working with one agent who
specializes in c rusies and can get deals from the cruise lines, having
more cabins booked just to start.  Also, if you do your own air you can
usually find very reasonable rates and if the cruise leaves from a major
port area - close to a major airport - fares from most places in the
country are really reasonable.   And, if we plan enough LMNET prof.
development stuff, all or most of the trip will be work related tax
deductible and probably cost less than going to a conference cross country.

I f you are interested, keep watching as I will post as soon as I have some
prices that we can really use.

Barbara Wall
School Library System Coordinator
Orange-Ulster BOCES
Monroe, NY

bwall@ouboces.org

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."
--Lyndon B. Johnson

minds."
-- Albert Einstein