Dear LM_NETers,
Every year at this time I post a request for volunteers for a project the =
graduate students in my fall course, "Information Technologies in =
Educational Organizations" will be doing. The students will be learning =
how to evaluate Web sites using the WebMAC and Content Validity Web site =
evaluation instruments (developed by myself and Marilyn Arnone). For their =
assignment, students form evaluation consultant teams and are assigned an =
actual Web site to evaluate.=20

If you have a school or library media center Web site that you would like =
to have evaluated, please let me know. While I can't guarantee that your =
site will be chosen for evaluation, I try to accommodate as many requests =
as possible. Last year, almost 60 Web sites were evaluated by my students!

Once the student team has evaluated your site, they will write an =
evaluation consultant report to the client (you). The report will describe =
the results of the evaluation in detail and will include ideas for =
improvement.=20

We have done this several times in the past and the clients find the =
results extremely valuable. As you can imagine, this is also a very =
exciting project for the students as we have had clients from all over the =
U.S. and the world.=20

Of course, you are under no obligation to implement any of the suggestions =
the student evaluators provide but many clients do and have emailed me how =
pleased they are with the changes. If you would like to volunteer your Web =
site for evaluation, please contact me no later than September 8 at the =
email address below. In your message, include your name, school name, =
location, URL, and any other information you think is useful. =20

Thanks.

Ruth V. Small, Ph.D.
Professor
School of Information Studies