The following is a compilation of e-mails I received concerning my request =
for Professional Books.  Thanks so much for all of your help, they were =
exactly what I needed!

There are several good books from Libraries Unlimited. I have made good =
use
of Practical steps to the research process by Deborah Stanley.

Christine:
Take a look at Linworth Publishing:  http://www.linworth.com=20

They publish specifically what you are looking for!

There are 2 extremely practical recsources that I could not be without.  =
Both are by Joyce Valenza.  Power REsearch Tools is her newest.  It costs =
somewhere around $50 as comes with numerous useful posters.  The posters =
are flimsy material, so you will need to get them laminated.  The other =
book is Power Tools.  I know she is working on an update to that one, so I =
would wait for the new edition.  The oder book has a zillion forms and =
lessaon ideas, activities, promotional programs etc.  The new Power =
REsearh Tools has many forms, worksheets and posters dealing with citing =
sources, boolean searching, creating thesis statements etc.  It is very =
much oriented to high school - though it can be adapted for middle school.

Jacquie

Collaborating to Meet Standards: Teacher/Librarian Partnerships for K-6 =
by=20
Toni Buzzeo (Linworth 2002)

Collaborating to Meet Standards: Teacher/Librarian Partnerships for 7-12 =
by=20
Toni Buzzeo (Linworth 2002)

 ordered Powering Achievement online from lmcsource.com and Power
Research Tools from the ALA Online Store.

POWERING ACHIEVEMENT:
SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA PROGRAMS MAKE A DIFFERENCE: THE EVIDENCE
2nd Edition
Keith Curry Lance and David V. Loertscher
Hi Willow Research & Publishing, 2002

Power Research Tools: Learning Activities and Posters by Joyce Valenza

Look for books written by M. Ellen Jay.  Neal Schuman publishes newer =
ones=20
and ILL will turn up others for you to look at.

FLIP IT! An Information Skills Strategy for Student Researchers.
Linworth, 1997. by Alice Yucht

 Power Research Tools, ALA Editions, 2003  by Joyce Valenza