Looks like Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging, Son of the Mob, The =
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, No More Dead Dogs, The Princess =
Diaries, A Year Down Yonder and Harris and Me are the "winners."  (most =
suggested).  For the teacher in need, I created a list of 18 of your =
suggestions that I have holdings for, and now I have a great list of =
books to go out and purchase (if there's ever money to spend).  The =
teacher was very happy with your suggestions.  Thanks so much!  I've =
included all the responses received below:

Louise Rennison's books "Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging", On =
the
Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God", and Knocked Out by My
Nunga-Nungas" are a favorite with our 13-15 year old girls (and some =
boys
but they won't admit it).  They are all about the trials and =
tribulations of
a boy-crazy girl who always seems to make a fool of herself (in some
hilarious ways) but ends up the cute boy in the end.

=20

=20
For your older readers who like sci fi/fantasy, Diana Wynn-Jones or
Douglas Adams would be good bets.  Both are full of humor (Wynn-Jones is
a drier humor) and are smart.

=20

=20

I love:
Catherine Clark     - Frozen Rodeo
    "               - Truth or Dairy
Gary Paulsen        - How Angel Peterson Got His Name
Rennison, Louise    -Angus Thong....
Hiaasen, Carl       -Hoot

=20

=20

How about "Confessions of a teenage drama Queen" and the Adventures of
the Blue Avenger"

=20

Bauer, Joan, Rules of the Road
____, Hope Was Here
Hahn, Mary Dowling, the Gentleman Outlaw and Me, Eli
Korman, Gordon, No More Dead Dogs
Peck, A Long Way from Chicago
____, A Year Down Yonder

My all-time favorite, but not YA:  Robinson, The Best Christmas Pageant =
Ever

=20

Gordon Korman is my first choice too.  He gets better as he grows older!

I just finished Goose Chase by Patricia Kindl and thought it was a =
really fun book.  An original fairytale, where a young girl is rescued =
from a king and prince by her geese friends.

Hidden Talents by David Lubar comes to mind.  Martin is sent to an =
alternative school as a last resort.  He discovers his friends all have =
hidden talents such as telekenisis (I don't remember how to spell it).

Slot Machine by Chris Lynch.  Elvin goes to summer camp and must be =
pegged in the right sport before school starts.

Books by Meg Cabot.  Princess Diaries series as well as the mediator =
series (which starts out under a pen name - Jenny Carrol.)

Hope this helps.

=20

=20

How about Louise Rennison's books - Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal=20
Snogging, and the sequels? I think they are hilarious.

=20

=20

Nose From Jupiter and Noses are Red by Scrimger
Harris and Me by Gary Paulsen

These two just jumped into my head--I'll send more if I think of them! =20

=20

Rachel Cohn's The Steps  is adorable. Hoot by Hiasson is funny.

=20

=20

Harris and Me by Paulsen  I got a non-reader to read it and he loved it!
Trip Down Yonder by Peck
Ragweed by Avi

=20

Here are some that I think are fun:

No More Dead Dogs--Gordon Korman
Son of the Mob--Gordon Korman
Rat Boys--Thom Eberhardt
The Princess Diaries--Meg Cabot
All-American Girl--Meg Cabot
Angus, Thongs & Full-Frontal Snogging--Louise Rennison (has several =
other sequels)
Surviving the Applewhites--Stephanie Tolan
Squashed--Joan Bauer
A Long Way to Chicago--Richard Peck
A Year Down Yonder--Richard Peck
How Angel Peterson Got His Name--Gary Paulsen
King of the Mild Frontier--Chris Crutcher
The Cannibals: Starring Tiffany Spratt--Cynthia D. Grant

=20

=20

OKay, by fun I'm assuming you mean highly entertaining--not limited to
humor.

Korman's new one, Son of the Mob, is his best, I think.

The whole Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging series by Renison is
hysterical.

The Stormbreaker series by Horowitz is hugely popular here--action =
packed
teen espionage.

Feeling Sorry for Celia by  Moriarty  is fun and funny.

My boys especially love the whole Ender's Game series by Orson Scott =
Card
and Shade's Children by Garth Nix.  Both are action packed sci-fi.

 Tomorrow When the War Began is the beginning of another great action =
packed
series.

And from the adult world, my studens enjoy John Grisham and Micheal =
Crichton

=20

=20

1. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Anne Brashares (funny and=20
heartfelt), great read for adults too!)

   2. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Anne Brashares

   3. The Artemis Fowl books

   4.  The Princess Diaries books by Meg Cabot

   5.  The Angus, Thongs...books series by Louise Rennison

   6. Graphic novels, and manga

=20

=20

Louis Sachar, David Lubar, Jon Scieszca

=20

The first title that comes to mind is Harris And Me by Gary Paulsen.

=20

=20

=20

I also think of the Australian author, Elizabeth Honey's books and
Andrew Clement's newer ones that are more geared towards YA than the
earlier ones.

=20

=20

"Angus, thongs and full frontal snogging" by Louise Rennison

=20

=20

The Princess Diary books by Meg Cabot

The Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging books by Louise Rennison

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books by Anne Brashares

There's a book out there called Britney Spears is a Three Headed Alien =
by I don't remember, but the kids love it. (I like to tell kids that it =
has been shelved in fiction in error--they really crack up).

=20

=20

fiction:
flipped
stargirl
gossip girl series
amanda atwater-rhodes' vampire books
korman's no more dead dogs

=20

=20

Gordon Korman

Marie Slim
LMT, La Habra High School
801 W. Highlander Ave.
La Habra, CA 90631
Library hours M - F 7:00 a.m. to 3:30p.m.
phone: 562-266-5085
http://www.ilovelibraries.com
LHHSlibrary@fjuhsd.k12.ca.us
_

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that."
-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone=20