Dear Friends,

I have watched this thread with glee and joy.  Having been on LMNET almost
from its inception while a student at Syracuse University, I learned early
the value of the vast store of knowledge our members have.  Lest you think
I am a mere babe in the woods - this is my 6th and final career.  No spring
chickens here.

Anyway, I would love to see thread of LMNET at local state conferences
-then have reports back to the list - but also at the national level at
least at AASL in 2005 and possibly a cruise sooner that would be
educational and presumably deductible.  And, an international on-line
conference is an interesting idea as well.  I wonder how many of  us are on
all summer????   I have a friend in the cruise business and have asked him
how to organize this  for either next summer or the summer after.  When 50
or 100 or even more book on the same cruise the prices go down and if you
do not need to have a window or a balcony, quite often the price is the
500-600 dollar range with a roomie and with 304 to a room, even less
averaging.  I will get several possibilities and post to the list and then
let you all decide whether you wish to explore this any further.  I think
we can have a great time and really learn and share a lot in the closed
setting of a cruise while also enjoying ourselves.  By the way, if you have
never before taken a cruise, it is a truly carefree vacation.  I just went
on my 4th this past Spring with a roomie who had never before cruised.
Even with a Caribbean cold front and rain we had a fabulous time.

But, that aside, I think a thread or pre conference designed around LMNET
at AASL or even ALA in two years would be a great thing and I ma more than
willing to help with planning something like this.

Barbara

Barbara Wall
School Library System Coordinator
Orange-Ulster BOCES
Monroe, NY

bwall@ouboces.org

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."
--Lyndon B. Johnson

minds."
-- Albert Einstein