Group - I got a few hits on my request for Web-based calendars to use for
scheduling various classes, computer labs, and video facilities. By far the
most comprehensive response is below.  Other suggestions follow. Floyd

I have a list of web calendars on my own site at ....
http://www.shambles.net/pages/school/Calend/

But my clear favourite ... and the one I use is called iCal .... but you
need to install it on your own server .... it's just been upgraded .. from
a company up in Alaska (I think) ... have a look at their webpage
http://www.brownbearsw.com/ical

Actually there is an online company (ASP) that offers free calendars ...
and they are using iCal ... I don;t know how they afford to do so ...
http://www.calendars.net/

Hope this helps

Chris

OPS ... almost forgot ... my own online calendar using iCal on a
Windows2000 server lives at http://www.tepaonline.net:88/default

This may be a dumb question, but do you have each calendar on a separate
"sheet"?  If not, that might be a place to start.  (You can label the tab
for each sheet by right-clicking.)  If they are already on separate sheets,
maybe you could copy and paste into a different workbook so that the page
you want people to see first is on sheet one.

You probably already have done all this, because it's fairly obvious, but I
think I am reasonably intelligent, and I have been amazed at some of the
obvious stuff I miss until someone points it out.  Usually I find I have
been making things more difficult than necessary.

For an actual calendar, I like Microsoft Works.  It came on my computer.
I'm not sure if you could divide it into periods, but I know you can use
category filters.  It allows you to create your own categories, and the
same item could be put into multiple categories.  Example:  ABC conference
room and first period.  You can also delete the "canned" categories you
don't want.  You would have to show them how to show only the desired
category, but it's not all that hard.  I figured it out without resorting
to any Help or directions.  I don't know if it would work the same way if
you put it on a website.

How about just designing a table in MS Word and saving it in HTML format?
(My note: We used to use Word for our calendar and was able to format it
exactly like we wanted it, but it kept crashing on us and we would lose
significant amounts of information. Perhaps it was our network, etc. - thus
why we went to Excel for our calendar - but I'm still not happy with
Excel's limitations. - Floyd)

We are currently using Lab Scheduler to schedule our labs
and resources, but it does have alot of problems.  A beta
web version is supposed to be out this spring.  I would be
interested in responses you get to this query.  Would you
please post a hit?

I use outlook but go to file page set up and use the calendar details view
to print seems to work I know what you mean about the excel look
one very good feature is that multiple bookings are done with the recurring
appointment feature in Outlook.