I was asked to post a hit, so here goes:

        I worked with a group of seniors on website evaluation.  I had =
them =3D
fill out a worksheet for two sites.  One was from a company that sells =
=3D
prom stuff: http://prom-night.com.  The other was the Bible UFO =3D
Connection: http:www.bibleufo.com.  The prom night site got them off to =
=3D
a good start, but the other site had to make them think.  It is not a =
=3D
hoax site, but they certainly need to use discretion concerning what =3D
they use from the site and how it is used.  Finding out the source of =
=3D
the information and the purpose of the site took some work also.  It is =
=3D
sites like these that fall into a "gray area" where a person's critical =
=3D
thinking skills get a workout.  The entire exercise fit quite nicely =3D
into a 42 minute period.
*****
  You might look here:
http://www.ithaca.edu/library/Training/hott.html

Also here:

http://volweb.utk.edu/Schools/sullivan/sullms/evaluate/evalwebstu.html

My middle schoolers were so "into" the 60's that they had a ball. Make=20
sure you look at the sites first & OK them for use at your school. Some=20
are a little "iffy" for some situations.
*****
(I received one website evaluation form as an attachment. If you'd like =
a copy, please e-mail me.)
*****
OK, they "know" how to evaluate, but DO they really do it in practice or
only when they have to for a grade?

How about cruising thru some of the really good "fake" sites under some
pretense (other than working on their advanced lesson) and see how many
fall for the tricks of the site. Maybe the California Velcro site or
another like that. If you don't have a list handy, I have an old
collection that needs updating at
http://www.splendora.k12.tx.us/sms/lib/eval.htm

*****
Perhaps this page will have something to help you.

http://www.gananda.org/library/mshslibrary/wchorror.htm=20

I teach this lesson to the 12th graders for a debate project that they =
do.  It is really a work in progress and might be too basic for your =
needs.  It is different from most pages, because it is centered around a =
works cited rubric that I have developed.  You may not be prepared to do =
this.  I have arranged with the teacher that I am the one that grades =
their works cited lists based on this presentation.  That means they =
will be graded on the quality and variety of their sources as well as =
correct MLA citation format. =20

the page includes some real life examples of sites that other students =
have used in the past for this project and for other projects.

Thank you everyone!
MZ

Mary G. Zell
Librarian, Assumption High School