New addition to my site.
Just posted at http://www.mcelmeel.com/mcbookwords/greatbooks.html:

Dawdle Duckling by Toni Buzzeo, with illustrations by Margaret
Spengler (Dial, 2003)

That fourth little duckling plays and preens and nibbles flies, he is
not quick to obey when Mama Duck wants him to hurry along and catch
up with her and the rest of the family. Young readers will want to
hear -- again and again, what happens next across the bay. (Picture
book, PreS/primary)
Read the story behind the writing and publication of Dawdle Duckling
on Cynthia Leitich Smith's Children's Literature Resource site -- at
http://www.cynthialeitichsmith.com/storybuzzeo1.html

Some of you who visit my site regularly may have come across my
"great books page."  Periodically I put favorite new books on my
website at http://www.mcelmeel.com/mcbookwords/greatbooks.html --
just those that strike my fancy for one reason or another.  While I
was putting up my latest favorite, Toni Buzzeo's Dawdle Duckling, it
occurred to me that some of you may also be interested in knowing
about Carter's cute collection of clothing for babies and toddlers.
There's a duck dress that goes well with this book but I also found
the new Carter's collection of baby stuff inspired by Eric Carle's
The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Thought some of you might want to take a
look.
Wish I had stock in Carters (or in Kohls where I found these in Iowa,
or in Babies R Us where I found them in Sacramento California.) But
alas I only spend my $ there.

P.S. with the annotation of Dawdle Duckling there's a link to Cynthia
Leitich Smith's page that has Buzzeo's story behind the writing and
publication of Dawdle Duckling.

Sharron L. McElmeel
Writer/Webkeeper/Educational Consultant
McBookwords