Many thanks to those who sent Bogus websites. Many sites were mentioned
several times. One in particular(Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division
http://www.dhmo.org/)  was mentioned the most, and I do agree that it is =
good site to use in discussions on information evaluation - only it didn'=
really address BioTechnology.

Today, I also found that the students for the most part easily recognized=

the sites I used were not valid sites. What I am going to try and do
tonight is find some BioTechnology sites that are (as much as I can
determine) are legitimate but are somewhat unbelievable in terms of the
technology or biotechnology application being shown.

Anyway, here are the sites that were sent to me. I did try to eliminate
duplicates and hope I didn't leave some out in the process.

All from the Museum of Hoaxes- http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/
Bonsai Kitten http://www.bonsaikitten.com/
This site, which has succeeded in upsetting many people, claims to promot=
the art of sealing young kittens inside glass containers so that their
bones will mold to the shape of the containers as they grow. It's all jus=
a hoax, but many, many people have taken it seriously and demanded that t=
he
site be shut down. It was created in late 2000 by an MIT student with a
twisted sense of humor. The site was even investigated by the FBI who
determined that no animals were ever harmed in relationship to the site.

British Stick Insect Foundation
http://www.brookview.karoo.net/Stick_Insects/
All you ever wanted to know about stick insects. How to feed them, train
them, and breed them. Another site created by John Hopkin (see 'Britain f=
or
Americans' above. Also see 'CarpSoft' and 'Sellafield Zoo'). =

California's Velcro Harvest http://home.inreach.com/kumbach/velcro.html
Explains the reasons for the decline in California's important velcro cro=
p.
Reminiscent of the Swiss Spaghetti Harvest hoax of 1957.

Feline Reactions to Bearded Men A piece of cutting-edge research. Pretty
self-explanatory.
http://www.improbable.com/airchives/classical/cat/cat.html =

Genochoice.com http://www.genochoice.com/
Use GenoChoice's technology to "create your own genetically healthy child=

online."

The Ova Prima Foundation http://www.ovaprima.org/
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This organization has produced
scientific evidence to suggest that it was the egg which came first

Sellafield Zoo  http://www.brookview.karoo.net/Sellafield_Zoo/
The website of the Sellafield Zoo, located near the Sellafield Nuclear
Power Plant. It boasts that it's the zoo "where the wildlife has a
half-life." Predictably, the animals in the zoo tend to display interesti=
ng
mutations. A creation of John Hopkin, creator of 'Britain for Americans,'=

'British Stick Insect Foundation,' and 'CarpSoft.' =

WingMakers.com http://www.wingmakers.com/
An incredibly elaborate site that was launched back in November 1998. It
claims to display artifacts that were found in underground caves beneath
the New Mexico deset by the Advanced Contact Intelligence Organization
(ACIO), a secret branch of the U.S. Government's National Security Agency=
.

Clones-R-Us http://www.d-b.net/dti/
Evaluation of Resources on the Internet =

http://www.hi.is/~anne/webeval.html
First Human Male Pregnancy http://www.malepregnancy.com
Jackolope conspiracy http:www.sudftw.com/jackcon.htm
For more examples, visit http://mciu.org/~spjvweb/evaluating.html

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus.html
For what it's worth, I have a page of links at:
http://hs.staff.dellrapids.k12.sd.us/hahnbr/web_page_evaluation.htm
http://www.dreamweaverstudios.com/moonbeam/moon.htm  Travel site
http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/bread  Are statistics misleading?
http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/  How to make a blow torch??