On behalf of about 2000 children who have already received teddies, may I
thank you again for your fabulous response to this appeal.  I have never
seen so many different types of teddies, and I am sure there would be a
world-record Teddy Bears Picnic here if they ever got together!

Each day, teddies continue to arrive and each day I get requests for them
from parents, grandmothers, teachers and counsellors who are starting to see
bits of behaviour that show that there is much still scroiling around in the
child's mind. The teddies have been distributed to pre-schools, schools,
church groups, individuals and aged people's homes and I have had lots of
phone calls, emails and cards from recipients asking me to thank you all
most sincerely.  Some of these I will put on the website.

I have now got my own digital camera so I am making better progress with
photographing each teddy and I continue to update the pages.  You might have
to look through them all to find your teddies because I am filling up some
of the early pages with new pix.  But, please understand that I still have a
number of boxes to unpack, especially from schools who sent several, so if
you teddy is not shown, it will be shortly.

In the meantime, I am writing for the children through the Bushfire Recovery
Newsletter and I have decided to use Ella and Bamma, two teddies who have
come from Alabama, to explore some of the issues that the children will face
as they come to terms with this intrusion in their lives as well as
exploring parts of our national capital.  I am also putting these on the
website so you might like to share them too.

Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher-Librarian
Palmerston District Primary School