Hi All,  I had asked for idea help to welcome a history/historical
fiction illustrator to our school.  Here are some of the ideas:

Our student council put up some
welcome posters in the hallways

Our art teacher has one grade level drawing their own coats to hang in
the hall with pictures of the "Memory Coat".  Another grade level is
working on illustrations of horseless carriages.

Many of his books focus on American history so maybe some student
artwork of Thomas Jefferson, George Washington.  His new book is about a
car race. Could they find some pictures of "vintage" cars and draw them?

Also, our fourth grade did a Wax Museum biography report. Kids read a
biography, then memorized key facts, dressed as the person, wore a
"button" with the persons name, and stood in the halls where visitors,
and other grades could come and press their "button"  to hear (the key
facts) about that person.  It was a hugh success!  I will have a mini
Wax Museum for M. Dooling when he arrives.

Another suggestion was to ask students to bring in small artifacts or
old photos to display in the showcase.

Everyone who answered my post said I was in for a wonderful day!  Thanks
to all of you.

Leslie Ream, Librarian
Spring Ridge Elementary School
Broadcasting Rd.,
Wyomissing, PA 19560
610-670-4818
"What a school thinks about its library is a measure
of what it thinks about education."  Harold Howe,
former U.S. Commissioner of Education
reales@mail.wilson.k12.pa.us