(Posted with permission from the listserv moderator)

Please share this information with anyone in the Southern California area
interested in church libraries. This event is open to ALL Christian
denominations.

The Second Annual Church Library Conference, sponsored by the Southern
California Chapter of the Evangelical Church Library Association, will be
held on Saturday, September 6th, 2003. ALL denominations are welcome and
encouraged to participate.

Anyone interested in starting or improving their church library, expanding
their libraries to the sight and/or hearing-impaired, or just networking
with other church librarians should attend. No prior experience is required.

A variety of workshops will be offered throughout the day. Several sessions
will be presented by professional staff librarians from Biola University.
The conference guest speaker is author Mrs. Ethel Herr.

Workshops will include:
How to Organize a Church Library, Book Mending, Resource Materials, Getting
to know Christian Publishers, Braille Institute and Deaf Programs. A tour
of the on-site church library and a demonstration of their library
automation system (Resourcemate)will be available.

There will also be a "Round Table" discussion panel so that all
participants can ask questions from experienced librarians.

The registration cost for the conference is only $20 which includes a
catered box lunch (3 choices including a vegetarian meal)and beverage. The
conference will be held in La Mirada hosted by the Granada Heights Friends
Church.

Information and registration packets will be mailed out soon. Please
contact me promptly so we can add your name and address (you may use your
home address, church address or business address)to the mailing list.

The Southern California Chapter of ECLA meets several times a year for
fellowship and mutual assistance, at various churches in the Southern
California area. Meetings are open to all persons interested in church
library ministries.  We are a part of the national Evangelical Christian
Library Association; visit the national website at:
http://www.ECLAlibraries.org

Joanne Ladewig,  Library Media Technician  (A.K.A. "Library Lady")

Lawrence Elementary, GGUSD   Garden Grove, California
shatz1@earthlink.net

 " You may be only one person in the world,  but you may also be the world
to one person."
 - - - comments are my own and may not reflect those of my employer- - -