The answer, I think, is one of practicality.

If you have a large integrated multilingual library, you might consider
full cataloguing using the correct Dewey #, maybe using a flag or language
designation on the spine to indicate that it is in a different language.

Or, if you have a large collection and want it easily accessible to only
that part of the patrons, you might use the above but keep the items
separated.  I did this with my massive k'Swahili collection in Tanzania.

Or, if you have a small collection, you might want to use some sort of
alternative system, maybe an adaptation of Dewey.  My small collection of
Portuguese books were placed in the 800s under the appropriate language,
since I noticed that the patrons were looking for items in their language
first and foremost.  Of course, this leads to all sorts of classification
problems (like there already being an acceptable number for Portuguese
grammar).  If the collection were to have grown significantly, I would
probably done what I did with the k'Swahili one.

I would not have interfiled the languages with the English books.  This
creates real problems with the majority of the users who are expecting
English-language materials to be the main language of communication.

As to cataloguing sources.  Quite a serious problem, but there are internet
access points to many non-English library systems, mainly, I found, either
national or university libraries.  Or, try the LC or Los Angeles City
Public Library systems (good for Spanish items)

Hope this helps.

Earl Sande
Semi-Retired International School Librarian
10189 133 Street
Surrey, BC
Canada
V3T3Y8