Thanks to all who responded and please accept my apologies for taking so
long to post a hit.  Life in general and school in particular have been
greatly disrupted in Beijing by the SARS crisis!  In fact, the professional
development days for which I was preparing have been cancelled in an effort
to recoup some of the instructional time we have lost due to the
SARS-related school closing.

I received URLs for two websites that are outstanding resources; I explored
both thoroughly following many of the links.  While I found very little
specifically for librarians, everything was relevant in some way to our work
and there is much to be shared with teachers:
     1.  The Resource Room: http://www.resourceroom.net/index.asp
This is a website with links, lesson plans, and hard-to-find useful
resources for learning, especially for people who learn differently or who
have 'learning difficulties' or specific learning disabilities such as
dyslexia or dysgraphia.
     2.  Power of 2: http://www.powerof2.org
This is an outstanding and very comprehensive site developed at the
University of Kansas and sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education
Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP).  To get an idea of the type and
quality of the lesson plans available here, I examined several including one
for "Fraction Unit Accommodated for Third Grader with Troubles in Math,
Especially Formation of Concepts" that included Study Guide, Texts,
Worksheets, Alternative Assessment, and Tests.

Available from the Power of 2 site there is an essay entitled "What Matters
Most in Inclusive Education: A Practical Guide for Moving Forward."  It not
only provides an excellent overview but also includes very practical
strategies and suggestions, and at the same time, is even inspiring!  A
brief excerpt regarding instructional strategies: "Appropriately
accommodating the instructional needs of diverse learners is one of the
biggest challenges of inclusive education. In order for students with
disabilities to participate meaningfully in inclusive classrooms and feel a
sense of belonging, special attention must be given to differentiating what
is taught, as well as how it is taught.”

I also received a couple of recommendations for the book "Designing
Instruction for Diverse Abilities and the Library Media Teacher's Role" by
Jay and Jay (c1991, ISBN 9-208-02261-9).  Obviously, I have not been able to
get my hands on it at the moment here in China, but I have it on good
authority that "It includes background info on ways to design instruction to
incorporate elements of differentiation as well as 20 some units which
provide differentiation.  The basic format is to have some required elements
and many extensions for students to select from.  It is all media center
based and incorporates a collaborative approach."

Thanks again to all who responded to my target!

Mary Ellen Scribner, K-12 Librarian
Beijing BISS International School
No. 17, Area 4, An Zhen Xi Li
Chaoyang District