Despite purchasing Alice 5.46 almost a year ago, we are still having
problems.  The local rep offers more and more excuses, so I thought I'd put
one of our queries to you guys and see if you have any suggestions! I've
drawn a blank with the OALIB list in Australia.

We purchased the Inquiry (OPAC) module, along with the Internet Inquiry one,
amongst others, but it won't work.  We've been told...virus on server (no),
not enough RAM (no), not enough hard drive space (no), needs the 5.49
upgrade (just done) and now...it won't run alongside the Alice database
unless it has it's own server.  Is this true?  If so, can you refer me to
the details on the site/in manuals because we were initially told that there
would be no installation problems at all.  We run Windows NT.

Our Systems Administrator (he's a tekkie, I'm not!) says that the rep's
technicians did the folllowing last week, in an attempt to fix the
problem..."This involved re-installing WIndows Advanced Server, checking
that IIS 5 worked and then re-installing Alice and copying the data files
back.
Once Windows and Alice were installed (with no data files) IIS and the
internet inquiry worked.
But when he copied the data over from the backed up OASIS folder, it all
stopped"

Another query on the new 5.49 upgrade...we have 2 libraries, Primary
(School) and Secondary.  We used to be able to indicate our location.  Now
we cannot.  The old "Primary/Secondary" info appears in the section entitled
"item code". We use the location bar to indicate the area within the library
that the resource is stored (poster, videos etc).  Any ideas, please?

Thank you.

Mrs Nicky Komolavanij
Librarian
St John's International School