Happy Monday Morning to Everyone!

I need your expertise and quickly! Our senior class always creates a
senior video which chronicles events throughout their senior year. The
students and adults in charge then have a dubbing company make copies of
this video which is then  distributed to every senior in the class.
It is my second year here and it has come to my attention and the
attention of the computer teacher that our students are violating
copyright law. Here is the situation. They like to put popular songs on
the video as background music, and they want to use the whole song,
without obtaining any type of permission.  We think that it may be okay
if they use only 30 seconds of a song- fair use. The dubbing company
told them that they could use whole songs, as they consider the videos
for personal use. We thought that because they are distributing it to
over one-hundred students that this would be considered for distribution
and not for personal use. This senior video is made using our equipment
and under the guidance of our teachers. We want to follow copyright and
teach our students to do the right thing. What do you think?
Thanks for your help!

Stacey Goolsby
LMS
Hamilton High School