Possibilities for why GraceAnne's page is blocked:

1. Filtering is blocking all pages on domains such as the Well because of
the potential that something "inappropriate" appears on some pages somewhere
on the server. They do not have the time to review all pages on such
domains, so they block the entire domain. Here is how N2h2 describes this
category. You can detect the bias that would lead a techie to decide to
block the category without realizing all of the valuable content that may be
blocked.

Web Page Hosting / Free Pages
Sites that provide Web page hosting for their users such as homepages that
share a common domain. These sites include those provided by ISPs,
University/education servers, free Web page hosts, etc. Although many of
these Web page providers post rules and regulations for content, they do not
always adequately monitor this content. Users often abuse Web page services
by posting offensive content under multiple pseudonyms. Because this
category contains hundreds of millions of pages, it is not practical to
assign more granular categorization to individual pages. However, any page
can be added to your local block and allow list, enabling access to specific
content even if the category has been selected to be blocked.

Examples:
http://geocities.yahoo.com/
http://angelfire.lycos.com/

Teachers who use such services to establish personal sites that provide
educational resources may also be blocked.

2. Could be blocked as Occult/Cult because of the use of the term "goddess."
You might want to check what categories your techies have set to be blocked.
Many filtering companies have a category that blocks non-traditional
religion along with cults. Definite concerns related to separation of
church-state.

3. And, of course, the term "passionate" might result in blocking in a "s3x"
category. I had to misspell that word because I have found that my messages
addressing such concerns are frequently blocked.

Nancy

on 5/19/03 10:39 AM, GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido at ladyhawk@well.com