Thanks for the sugguestions. Hope this helps.. bev

____
http://www.mcelmeel.com/curriculum/authorlinks.html

I think you should look at the web site above. It is a list of authors who
have their own web sites. You could contact each one (or assign kids to)
thru e-mail and ask for permission to contact them by mail.

Some author sites: =A7 The Official Ronald Dahl Website:
http://www.roalddahl.com/index3.htm =A7 Author Yellow Pages:
http://authoryellowpages.com/ Searchable list of author websites
=A7 Authors and Illustrators:
http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/cmis/eval/fiction/authors/index.htm\

Valerie Flournoy- author (not illustrator) of the Patchwork Quilt.
PO Box 503
Palymra, NJ 08065

Douglas Florian- author, poet, illustrator (Summersaulkts, Laugheteria,
Mammambilia)
147-42 Village Road
Jamaica, NY 11435

Toni Buzzeo, author of the Sea Chest and Dawdle Duck may do that
>for you. (Sea Chest was a Caldecott Honor book this year, I believe).
>You can contact her at tonibuzzeo@tonibuzzeo.com.

We just had Donna Jo Napoli at our school and I'd bet she'd be willing to do
this. I have her e-mail address:

dnapolil@swarthmore.edu

Tedd Arnold is a great author to write!  He responds to what the kids ask
and makes the kids feel special.  When he wrote my 2nd grade class last year,
it helped them see he is a "real" person.  He emailed me this address:
 >Tedd Arnold >
607 Euclid Ave.
 Elmira, NY 14901

Do you have access to the monthly magazine "School Library Media
Activities Monthly?" If so, you will find that they feature authors whose
birthdays occur in that current month. Along with the author's birthday,
they frequently provide snail mail addresses and/or website addresses for
more information. You could probably get a pretty good list going by using
this last years' worth of SLMAM. HTH.

Bev Rovelli, Teacher/Librarian     brovelli@wgmail.cnyric.org
East Hill Elementary School
401 Blackmore Road
Camillus, New York 13031
315-487-4652,   315-487-5499 - fax

"Teachers are like gardeners - planting the seeds of discovery, cultivating
curiosity, and nurturing the joy of learning!"