I know that there has been much discussion on the list regarding the =
cutbacks and budget cuts that so many of us are facing.  Please bear =
with me as I post a quick question for the group on this topic as well =
as another question forwarded from my building principal.
=20
First Question:  On the advice of my building principal, I need to =
submit a letter to my school board in defense of my media aide position, =
which is slated to be severely cut or eliminated altogether.  I was =
given this advice late in the day yesterday and need to have my letter =
complete today in order to make it into the agenda for the next board =
meeting. In other words, I have little to no time to do this.  I have =
several ideas of how I might approach the letter, but would be glad for =
any quick suggestions from those of you who have done similar things and =
been successful.
=20
Second Question:  My principal would like to know how our school's =
book/materials losses stack up percentage-wise against those of other =
schools of similar size.  We are a media center serving two schools, a =
small elementary of about 150 students K-6 and a junior high of about =
370 students 7-9.  She is particularly interested in the percentage of =
losses for schools at the middle school or junior high level.  If you =
are a junior high or middle school media center with similar enrollment =
and you have a moment to respond, could you tell me approximately how =
many items are in your collection overall and how many items you lose =
for whatever reason in a typical year?  I will pass this along to my =
principal. =20
=20
Thanks for any and all responses.
=20