We are looking for some alternatives for our students to use for
transferring large files, particularly PowerPoint presentations between
school and home. =

Floppy disks often become defective and even then some of the files get t=
oo
large for one floppy disk.
We encourage students to email files to themselves, but some of the email=

providers, especially hotmail have caps on file sizes.
A few of our students use USB devices such as pen drives but only a few
a few have zip disks but so fare we can only use the older 100MB zip driv=
es
and only on a few stations.
PowerPoint has a pack and go feature but that puts us back on floppy disk=
and can be a slow procedure.

We are looking at; =

 allowing students to use pen drives and other storage devices - the tech=

people are not really excited about that idea
setting up a special email account and allowing a few staff members such =
as
myself access to this account, students would email the file and I would
then place it in their home directory - but again file size is a problem.=

locating a few reliable sites that allow students to store files online f=
or
retrieval later.

So my target is;  do any of you have online sites that you have found to =
be
reliable, that allow students to save files for later retrieval?  Also, d=
you allow students to use the USB memory storage devices and have you had=

any problems with this?

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden Germany