I'm very excited!!!!!

I am a K-2 school and I spoke with my group of second grade teachers on
Tuesday. I was telling them about some of the projects I've started that are
planned on my open schedule Friday's. I'm wanting to work on more projects
with them and two of the teachers approached me on Friday.

These two teachers work together a lot and they are BIG on technology. They
want their students to research the first Thanksgiving. Once they have
gathered the information they are going to put everything together on a Power
Point presentation. If things go well and they have gathered good enought
informtion they might re-inact the first Thanksgiving.

So, I'm in need of some ideas. The students would be coming into the library
for research. Does anyone have any good books, websites, or ideas for this
project. I only have 4 computers in my library.

I really like the book If you Sailed on the Mayflower in 1620 by Ann McGovern.
I could teach them Table of Content skills and break down the students into
partners where they have a certain question or questions to research using
this book. The problem is that I don't even think I have that book in my
collection. I better start ordering quick!

Any help would be appreciated!

Shannon Minner
MNP Librarian (K-2)
smm2p@mtsu.edu