How do you deal with the fact that you can't get everything done in the time
you have?  Do you take work home?  We are preparing for our WASC
accredidation review and the number of reports that need to be written is
amazing!  But I can't even start the reports until written policies,
procedures, collection development plans, etc. are in place. If I spent
enough time working on the paperwork that needs doing there would be no time
for my regular work like lessons or the planning of them (We are on a fixed
schedule for the elementary grades.), cataloging, purchasing, etc. (There
isn't even enough time for that without the WASC review!)

I am loathe to take work home because that takes away from my time with my
family, and just as importantly, administration then will never learn that
there is more work to be done than one person can easily complete.

I do have a part-time aide, but she is very often pulled for playground duty
or to cover for absent teachers.  She spends most of her time shelving or
helping to process new books.  I have no student volunteers and although
several parents have volunteered, I need to find the time to schedule them,
train them(Volunteer Handbook: another document to write),etc.

Any words of wisdom appreciated.
Cathy Mori, librarian
Marist Brothers Int'l School
Kobe, Japan