Yes, our district does have a filter.

I can only assume that these pages are getting past it because where
there's a will, there's a way.  I know our filter checks for forbidden
words - weapons, gambling, sex/attire, sex/etc.. but pornographers are
crafty by necessity so perhaps they have put in the pictures instead.
Do filters check for pictures? I don't know.

Whoever sponsors these things will always stay one step ahead of us, and
filters, because there's something in it for them.  Remember Forest
Whitaker's character in that Jodie Foster movie - don't remember the
name, sorry -he installed the security system for her house so he knew
how to dismantle it.  Perhaps that's what's happening here.

 I don't know enough about this type of enterprise to know how much
money is in it for them but it's something - either the money or sheer
perversity.

Anyone out there in the know about this?

One thing's for sure - it's true that filters lend a false sense of
security.

Carol Valdez

CMS librarian/UISD

Laredo, Texas