ASO is a forum for educators. The scheduled events, designed for
professional development, are open to everyone in the TAPPED IN
community and all guests.

The September back-to-school calendar welcomes back some old favorites
and introduces some new discussion groups, including SoundStreams, an
exciting series with contemporary composers discussing how educators can
teach new works and introduce musical composition to their students.
Click on the URL under the date and time for each session on the
calendar to find out the details. If you are new to Tapped In, there are
tours scheduled to help you get familiar with the many features offered.
Events will be held in the ASO room unless otherwise noted. As always,
please login 10 minutes before the event is scheduled to begin to allow
us to help you get where you need to be.

View the TI2 calendar of ASO events at:
http://tappedin.org/cgi-bin/calendar/ti2calendar.cgi

For weekly reminders and updates of this calendar, join the MEET ME list
at: http://ti2.sri.com/mailman/listinfo/meetme/

Highlights for September:
* AAMU Writing Project: Reading Each Other's Writing
* Alt/Correctional Ed Forum: Shakespeare Behind Bars
* ArtsConnected Workshop: Art Across the Curriculum
* ArtsSites: Integrating New Technologies
* Benkyoukai: Improving Student Reading
* The Big6: Moving Every Child Ahead
* Creating Virtual Field Trips Using TourMaker Software
* Euro Language Teachers Forum
* The Frugal Educator
* NEW! Group Learning Methods
* K-3+ Resources: Back to School
* Language Arts Forum
* Library of Congress Learning Page Chat: Flight
* Middle Level Science: Celestial Events and Astronomy
* National Board Certification Support Group
* Nuts About Nature: Falling for Autumn
* Oz-Time Tips and Tricks/Campfire Meeting
* Pre-service Teachers: Developing a home/school connection
* Publishing Your Work
* 7-12 Science Forum: How to set up lab groups
* Social Studies Forum
* NEW! SoundStreams
* TAPPED IN 2 Tips and Tricks
* Targeting Librarians! Technology and Motivation
* Tech Leaders Round Table: Copyright
* Technology in the Classroom
* WebTools: Text Talker
* WebQuests and Politics
* Writing for Webheads

Dear LM_NET readers,
We have been asked by the LM_NET moderators  to post our monthy  After
School Online Discussion calendar only once every two months to reduce
"commercial" traffic on the list. We regret any inconvenience we have
caused with our postings.  Tapped In remains free, non-profit, ad-free,
and open to all education professionals. If you have any concerns or
complaints about Tapped In or our postings, please contact Mark
Schlager, Director, at mark.schlager@sri.com
Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN