Here are response I have received so far.  I will post more tomorrow as =
they become available.
Thanks to everyone for their great ideas!
Shelley Stietzel, Librarian
Belmont ES
Woodbridge, VA

I Took  My Frog to the Library lesson ideas

Judy Finucane:
I have used that story w/1st graders to introduce them to the LMC. I first =
read through the story and then re-read it using props - beanie baby =
animals, rubber snake, a plastic egg, etc. and have a student for each go =
and place the item in the appropriate area. They always get a kick out of =
this lesson.=20

Kelly Bryant:
I used it with my primary kids. I read them the story...then we went =
around to the sections of the library that were mentioned in the book. =
Then the kids could tell the group what they would bring to the library =
and how it would act...and what that wasn' t a good thing. We illustrated =
pictures of the animals brought to the library and put up 'rules' of why =
it wouldn't be a good thing to bring them to the library. Like, "I brought =
my monkey to the library and he swung on the lights." The kids loved =
making up what they would bring to the library....a really interactive =
lesson....helped me get to know the kids and vice versa.=20

Barb Colling:
http://www.howard.k12.md.us/met/media/k-6less/one/itookmy.htm=20
Casey Suddarth:
I get a bunch of stuffed animals for the ones in the book and let the =
students "guess" what's going to happen next.  Then I gather a lot of =
non-fiction books on the different animals and pass them out.  We review =
the book and I ask, does anyone have a book about frogs?  pelicans? =
snakes?  etc.  Then I tell them "One person in this room is holding a make =
believe book.  Everyone else has a book with real information in it.  Who =
has the make believe book?"  Of course, I DO!  Then we talk a little about =
how we decide if a book is real of make believe.  The following week, I =
bring out the real animal books again and we find the parts of the book.

Denise Barrett:
I just copied and enlarged the pictures of the animals, colored them and =
laminated them and then acted out the story with the pictures with first =
graders.

Cyndi Slevin:
This book is very similar to Quiet! There is a Canary in my Library.  I =
begin by talking about how we behave in the library...book care...have =
props for book care (bandaid, juice glass, food, stuffed animal dog, baby =
doll, etc).  Then I read the book- you could substitute I Took my frog to =
the library- I think
then we talk about what animals are in the book and I have pulled other =
books with animals in the title and we decide whether that animal is in =
the story- if he is what was the problem encountered in the library- if =
the animal was not in the story- what problem could the animal cause
We also talk about fiction and nonfiction with this lesson

Marie Ferner:
I use the book with my kinders. I use it as the Baby your book lesson (in =
archives). And have them take home a sheet to complete... "I took my =
_________ to the Library and he/she ___________________. they have to =
complete the sentence and draw a picture to represent it. I display the =
returned sheets with a sign that says... Book by Eric Kimmel, Immagination =
by Mrs. .... Kinders.
Note: I WISH he would update his book, I have to spend LOTS of time =
explaining that we don't use a card catalog at our library. I may rethink =
the book I use for my Baby your book lesson. Another one I have used is =
One Day in the Jungle by Colin West. It has to be a short book for the 30 =
minutes I have to allow all kids to get out books AND talk about babying =
their books.

Kimberly Rehrauer:
When I was at the elementary level I would bring in lots of beanie babies.
When I would read about each animal I would give that beanie to a student.
After it was over I had more beanies that weren't mentioned in the book. I
would give one at a time to students and each student would make up a
scenario: "I took my monkey to the library but he left his banana peels
all over the place." or something like that. The kids had fun with it. I
got this idea a few years back on lm_net.