The World Summit Awards:
Seeking suggestions for the best digital content
from the United States
http://www.benton.org/contact/summitawards.html
(please feel free to redistribute)

Hi everyone,

I've just received some exciting news. The organizers of the World Summit
Awards, the official competition of the World Summit on the Information
Society (www.itu.int/wsis), have asked me to represent the United States as
expert judge for the awards competition. As expert judge, I will nominate
the best digital content (Internet, CD-ROM, DVD, DTV, gaming platforms, etc)
from the US. These nominees will then be honored with other nations'
nominees at WSIS in Geneva this December, which will be the first worldwide
gathering of political leaders focusing on bridging the digital divide.

Given the fact that I only have a few weeks to make my nominations -- not to
mention the fact that there's more content produced in the US than pretty
much anywhere else -- I'd like to get your input. I'm interested in hearing
your suggestions of the best digital content from the US in the following
categories:

        e-Government
        e-Health
        e-Learning
        e-Entertainment
        e-Culture
        e-Science
        e-Business
        e-Inclusion (ie, digital divide initiatives)

I've created a simple feedback form on the Benton website that will allow
you to submit your suggestion to me. Please use this form for making your
suggestion, and fill it out as completely as possible. You can reach the
form here:

http://www.benton.org/contact/summitawards.html

Suggestions will be accepted until Friday, September 15. And remember, I can
only consider content produced in the United States.

For more information about the World Summit Awards, please visit

http://www.europrix.org/wsis-award/index_1.htm

thanks,
ac

Andy Carvin