Please respond to item #1 if you have any insight as to how to configure access
to student data, even if it's not a result of small school reform...please...

I'm a new High School LMT at a school that has been incubating its
reconfiguration these past few years but is launching this academic year as 6
new Small Interconnected Autonomous Schools--in other words, each school has
its own budget code, principal, office, student population etc while still
sharing the same campus it had when it was one large school. There are some
shared services such as the cafeteria, nurse.....and the Library Media Center.

The main problems I have encountered so far are:

1) There is no other school in the district that has one library serving 6
separate student populations. So, we do not know how to let one library access
the data of 6 schools. We use Ameritech/Dynix. Do you know how?

2) In the thrust towards autonomy, there is not as much energy to considering
the logistics of dealing with shared services. Case in point: each school has
its own phone number. The central phone number is no longer staffed. Therefore
no one can call the LMC because someone has to answer the central number and
connect to the extension. So, I cannot receive return calls for problem-solving
technical glitches in our computers, book fair arrangements, etc not to mention
my own kids having a number to call in an emergency........

3) More later.....

Becca Todd, LMT
Fremont Federation of High Schools
Oakland, CA