I have been reading all the posts about book fairs. I did post a hit about
switching to Adventureland after many years of using Scholastic. I have found
the posts about Scholastic very interesting. Are the profit and incentives not
the same every where for Scholastic?  I have read about incentive books for
teachers watching the author video (I always did this and was never ever offered
an incentive for the teachers). I also have seen a variety of profit
percentages. I think someone said 35%? What is a warehouse sale fair? I have been to
the warehouse when they have the "almost everything 50% off " sale. Is this the
same? I guess I am curious about these things because I know I will be getting
the call from the Scholastic Rep wanting to schedule a Christmas or Spring
sale....I would love to give them another chance.....but I would also like to be
informed of what others are being offered. I don't remember ever being
offered any incentives ---except the % in profit and free books and the door prize
they would offer for Parent Nights. I would be very interested in seeing what
the outcome Scholastic reading our concerns is. Thanks to everyone for sharing
information. I think the more I find out the better informed I will be and can
ask questions of the Scholastic Rep when they call.

Anna Russell
Librarian
Thompson Elem.
Aldine ISD