Donna wrote:
<When I process new books I make a scan of every cover. If the budget is
tight I switch to photocopies.  I've made little, business-card size labels
that say "NEW IN THE LIBRARY This was bought with your curriculum in mind."
Then I staple a label on the scanned copies of the cover or the photocopies,
and I put the copies in the appropriate teachers' boxes.  I've learned that
only one copy of each item is necessary.  Not every teacher has to know
about every book that fits his or her curriculum that is coming into the
library.  If the book is good for American History, then one teacher gets
the scan of the cover this time.  The next American History cover scan will
go to another history teacher. As long as every teacher is getting some
copies every now and then, the teachers stay aware that new stuff is coming
into the library all the time for their curriculum.>

What a great idea!  So simple, but effective.  Guess what I'll be doing
tomorrow.

Cheers and thanks,
Trish

Trish Wade