The 2x2 list was an oversight on my part, primarily because I'm in "middle
school / high school mode" and I have the opportunity to be involved in
Bluebonnet, Lone Star and Tayshas (since I serve students in grades 5-12).

As a former K-12 librarian who has worked with special needs students, I
often used books (like those on the 2x2 lists) for lapsit programs with my
severely disabled students because they were compatible with that group.  As
a mother, I can also think of thousands of reasons why the 2x2 lists are
important (collaboration with parents is only one reason).  The 2x2 website
also provides some great ideas / reasons to use the lists with students from
age 2 to grade 2!

I will include the 2x2 list in the summary report for those serving students
in early childhood programs AND I will also encourage those who serve
students with disabilities to consider using these materials.

Thanks for the reminder (yours is the second reminder to me to include the
2x2)!

For those who are interested in seeing what lists we are talking about, you
may go to each list here:

2x2 Reading List  http://www.txla.org/groups/crt/2X2list04.htm
Bluebonnet Reading: http://www.txla.org/groups/tba/nominees.html
Lone Star: http://www.txla.org/groups/yart/0405lone.html
Tayshas:  http://www.txla.org/groups/yart/tayshas0405.html

By the way, I LOVE the Tayshas Reading List presentation with the bookcovers
and the annotations on the website!  The added visual will encourage our
students to review the books that might be of interest to them!  A definite
website link for the library's webpage!  (Great Job, Tayshas committee!!)

~Shonda Brisco
Trinity Valley MS / US Librarian
Fort Worth, TX
sbrisco021@charter.net