O Wise Ones,
I am a new librarian who will be starting in-service Tues. 8/3.  I am a =
SLIS
grad. student at the University of North Texas.  I have been hired on an
emergency permit by Gonzales High School in Gonzales, Texas.  I don't =
even
have a school email address yet.

Here is the problem:  the library aide only works half a day in the =
library.
The other half she works in the teacher's workroom running copies etc.  =
She
and I would like her to work full-time in the library, which will bring =
us a
bit closer to Texas State Standards.  It is my intention to attend
department meetings, meet weekly with the principal, so I will be out
meeting teachers, helping with curriculum etc. as I was taught by the
fabulous professors at UNT.  Plus I will need help getting my feet under =
me
as a 'newbie'.  =20

The problem will be the teachers whom I heard from last year's librarian
will really gripe and complain about losing their "copy girl."  However, =
her
job title is library aide.

How do I smooth over the feelings when the faculty learns from either =
the
principal or me that the aide will not be working in the copy room =
anymore?
The aide and I are quite sure some of the faculty will be quite upset.

You may respond off list if you wish.   I will post a hit if I receive =
some

Thank you for your assistance,

Tricia Porter
UNT Grad. student