One display I did that was a big hit was a Saw the movie? Read the book!
display, with books that were made into movies. Examples: Pinocchio,
Peter Pan, The Borrowers, Pride and Prejudice, Holes, Swiss Family
Robinson, Anne of Green Gables, Romeo and Juliet - it's surprising how
many kids will read an 'old musty classic" they wouldn't touch
otherwise, once they find out it was made into a movie. I took out the
shelves of the display case, put up a movie poster in it, and replaced
the shelves, then placed a large sign on top reading "Saw the movie?
Read the book!". Then, I propped up books on each shelf, with tiny signs
next to each one IDing the movie.

I did this right after the 7th grade read, "Where the Red Fern Grows",
which primed the pump nicely, since the teacher had assigned them to
watch the movie and read the book and discuss differences. They were
curious to know what other books had been made into movies and - voila!
Mrs. Winslow had some examples! (For ease in handling checked out
display books, I placed colored removable dots on each display book
spine, so aides knew to return them to the display and not shelve them
where they normally went.)

Betty Winslow, Media Center Director
BGCA, Bowling Green, OH
freelancer@wcnet.org