One of my most successful displays went with my theme three years ago.  The=
 theme was "Walk Into the
Library and Reach for the World."  I had Ellison die cuts of hand and feet=
 prints.  The foot prints 'walked' around the
library, even on the ceiling a bit.  The 'hands' held my posters, and book=
 covers that were displayed.  I selected
book covers for the display that showed different cultures (including the=
 USA) On the ceiling I even put a poster of
the moon's surface and had some of the foot prints walking towards that. =
 Then I went to our local thrift store and
purchased some toddler size shoes, stuffed the toes with paper (so the=
 pencils won't slip down) and set them
around the library as pencil holders.  I can't tell you how many students=
 and teachers noticed the shoes/pencil
holders especially and asked about them, I used the opportunity to point out=
 my theme.  Well I was planning on
re-donating the shoes at the end of that school year, BUT, they continue to=
 be so popular, I am still using them and
the teachers and kids still comment on them, the teachers will ask me again=
 what the theme was that they went with.

Pam
=A0

Pamela Berberich, Library Media Technician
Anza Elementary School
El Cajon, CA
BERBERICHP@cajonvalley.net
pberberich@cox.net