Hi everyone,

I have compiled my list of answers to the following question.

My question is that I will be the new librarian at an elementary school, and the
library is currently being rearranged because they put in some new carpet.  (The
previous librarian retired.)  They are adding a computer lab to the library and
there is no wall dividing the library and the computer lab.  The computers will go
against the wall and be on one side of the library.  It takes up less than half of
the whole space.  How can I make the library appealing and useful to the students?

And, also since I will be new to the school, how can I make the students and
teachers want to come in to meet me and the (so to speak) new library?  I was
thinking of having a library tour or an orientation if I could..

Also, where can I go for help on any other issues for elementary libraries?  All of
your ideas and suggestions will be appreciated!

*These are all wonderful ideas!  I can’t wait to get started! In case anyone

is interested in these answers, please email me and I will forward them to you!

Sincerely,

Cindy Lund Moreno
Loretto Elementary
El Paso, Texas