Dear Friends,

    I would appreciate receiving photographs and  suggestions regarding the
best ways to organize your collection of books  covers.  When I place an order
to BTSB, I always request an extra copy of  the book cover, so my collection
is quite extensive after 20 years. ( This  is prior to the time when every
school had a color scanner.)  This has  proven to be a great idea because once the
picture cover has worn out and faded  on the buckram cover, I still have the
paper cover that I can use to cover it  again and make it look new.

    Currently, I have all of them in an extra large box  with rubber bands
around the ones I have used in groups for bulletin boards and  hall displays to
promote reading and literacy.  I thought about trying to  group them by genres
(sports, mysteries, etc.) but I also do special author and  subject area
displays that transcend the traditional genres.  These  displays are ususally
changed and updated on a monthly basis.

    Since I am in a middle school setting (grades  5-8), I have all sizes of
covers ranging from the size of a small paperback  up to the largest picture
book (over 14").  Therefore, trying to put them  in folders (even legal size)
doesn't work.

    If you have a great way to organize your book  covers, please grab your
digital camera and send me photos directly to my home  e-mail address listed
below.  Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing  your great ideas.

Deborah Maehs, LMS
Kingfisher Middle School LMC
600 South 9th Street
Kingfisher, OK  73750