I read some of the responses on this topic and I agree with them. I
have been using a wireless laptop cart in the Media Center for about 4
years. I have had no problem at all. I use ibooks with the very first
airport. I set it up myself - no technicians. I put in the airport
cards myself in some of the laptops. Have never had to do anything to
keep it running (touch wood). We are not a Mac School so we do have a
school wide network using Dells that I have not tried to tap into with
my laptops because the little old airport just sits on the top of one
of my shelves and chugs away while the school wireless system has all
kinds of problems. I usually use 15 laptops but during in-service
meetings we have had 25 ibooks on the one wireless network. It slows
down some but not badly enough to discontinue using it. This is my 40th
year of teaching and I don't think that I would have made it without
the lab. Before when I taught classes I had to run all around a pretty
big library to check and see if the kids were okay. Now we all are in
the instructional area and I just stroll from table to table keeping
tabs on the kids. I pray that this lab lasts until the end of this
year(my retirement) and I see no reason why it should not. I love the
ibook lab.
Phyllis Roche

Phyllis Roche
R.T. Cream K-8 Media Center