Dear LM_Netters,

I am about to order some books on famous artists for our middle school library. I
have found quite a few different series about artists on Amazon and the like, such
as Franklin Watts' "Artists in Their Time" series, "Famous Artists" from Barron's,
and "Lives of the Artists" from Gareth Stevens Publishing. My problem is that I
cannot easily pop down to a bookstore or public library and have a first-hand look
at these books to see which series (or possibly titles from different series) that
look the best and would suit our needs. I would really appreciate some input from
you to help me make a decision, on top of the reviews available online (I couldn't
find anything in the LM_Net archives). Would you care to share your favourite
series with me, and tell me just a little bit about why you like it? Our students
are in grades 6 through 9, most are not native speakers of English, and the artists
we are primarily looking at right now are Salvador Dali, Claude Monet, Andy Warhol,
Pablo Picasso, Van Oostrom, Cliff Wassman, Auguste Renoir and Vincent van Gogh. I
would be happy to post a hit if there is interest.

Many thanks, and greetings from Gavle, home of the world's largest Christmas straw
goat :-) (See it on live web cam at www.gavle.se - click the goat picture, and then
choose one of the web cams on the next page)

Malin Lauschus
Librarian
International English School in Gävle
S Kungsgatan 59